BRAND : Vibramycin
COMPOSITION : Doxycycline
Vibramycin (Doxycycline) is also known by various brand names including Vibra-tabs, Vibramycin Calcium Syrup, Vibramycin Hyclate, Doryx, Monodox, Vibramycin Monohydrate etc. It forms part of the Tetracycline antibiotic drugs. It is used as medication against bacterial diseases (though it is not effective against regular viral infections.)
Discuss all ongoing and planned medications (prescription/non-prescription), surgeries, supplements etc with Physician to understand all implications of Vibramycin use, benefits and risks.
What other drugs will affect Vibramycin(Doxycycline)?
- Patients using anticoagulants may require downward adjustment to their dosage as tetracyclines (doxycycline) reduce plasma prothrombin activity.
- If the user is using penicillin, concomitant use of Vibramycin is not advised as doxycycline impedes bacterial effect of penicillin.
- Antacids with aluminum, iron, magnesium or calcium content affect absorption of Doxycycline, hence concurrent use should be discussed.
- Bismuth subsalicylate reduces doxycycline absorption and its use is generally avoided.
- Doxycycline half-life is reduced by concomitant use of Barbiturates, phenytoin and carbamazepine.
- Birth pill effectiveness is reduced when used while taking Doxycycline and hence alternate contraception methods should be looked at.
- Vibramycin interacts with fluorescence test and may give wrong reading for urinary catecholamine tests.
- For more detailed Vibramycin interactions, users should seek Physician advice.
Where can I get more information?
Users can get more information when they purchase Vibramycin (doxycycline) from local drugstore or online pharmacy. Emed Outlet is a genuine online pharmacy providing excellent information on Vibramycin (doxycycline) Interactions or for purchasing genuine Vibramycin (doxycycline).